Random-2

Mar 25

Today has to be about cricket! India won the world cup quarter finals against the 3 times champions Australia :) It was a close match. Aussie batted first and scored 260. I was back home on time to watch India batting. Sehwag and Tendulkar opened the innings. Sachin hit a 50+ and completed 18000 runs in his ODI career!! That's amazing. He's the highest scorer in the world. I admire him, what he has achieved is commendable.

As I am writing this I am having multiple thoughts on 'achievement'. Each person has his/her own definition. There are so many different awards in this world, in every field. How do we decide between different fields/areas. A good famous actor is also called a great achiever, a great doctor, a good sportsman also the same. One entertaining people, one saving lives. I read in one of my friend's blog --each day has to be spent by giving to this world, twice for those who cannot give (as they are struggling for ends to meet) -- Its been on my mind since then. I would define any person who does something for another human being as an achiever. And a person with a disability who meets his day to day needs happily is also a achiever in my eyes. So, if I go by my theory, each and every person is capable of doing something great. According to me there is nothing greater than helping people.

I always quote this to C - 'Charity begins at home'. Start off at home, then extend it to your external family/friends, neighborhood, city, country.

Coming back to the match, India were down 5 wickets when they still needed 100+ runs. Yuvraj and Raina played really well under immense pressure and India WON! I was so nervous to get excited even when they hit 4s. Started yelling when 15 runs were required, I was sure India is going to stay in the world cup :D. Yuvraj was the man of the match. Hes one player who is very aggressive. I feel sports requires aggression in a person to some extent.

Moment of the day - Sun Rise - one of the best I have seen, exact circle of reddish orange sun behind lot of trees :) Perfect!





1 comment:

  1. Your post today is a little bit of a bouncer - went all over the place ;)

    I agree on the sunrise - it rocked :)

    ReplyDelete