Happy Ugadi

Apr 4, 6.14 pm


Sitting in my balcony right now. We had a long weekend. Roads are quite and less busy, today being a holiday. I love sitting outside our house, feel so relaxed and calm whenever I sit here. It has been a great weekend. To be honest, our weekends are good all the time. But this one has been extra great because of so many things - cricket, cycle, kine!


Started off Sat by cycling in the morning, met a cuz who had a kid recently, dropped A to office, had bagel-cream cheese with tea at Au Bon Paun with mil and A, spent some time at friend's new house and settled down for the big finale with loot of snack items :) Mom and few friends joined us for the match.


Sunday, cycle ride to mom's house at 6 am, coffee at her house, back home by 7.30 - covered 10km, the ride back was quite an upslope ride, am surprised I could make it without stopping :) And the best part is I dont have body pain :). Went on the bullet to a friend's place for breakfast - yummy omelet and waffles with kirkland maple syrup (thanks Jo/T). Finished some work on the way back home. Took a small nap, and went out shopping for habba :D. I like to buy clothes for everyone during all the big habbas - a practice that we have been following since childhood. When we were kids, we used to look forward to the habbas and birthdays as that was the time when we all bought clothes. Used to be so much fun and excitement surrounding the festivals and special occasions. Generally that was the only time people shopped for clothes. So I want to continue doing that :). Bought a summery pant/skirt for myself, shirt for A, kurta for A, tshirt for C and simple cotton saree for both moms. Visited friend's place with amma/appa in the evening to see their new house - very nicely built, spacious, with 3 huge stained glass windows in the living room - the glasses are very beautiful and perfect. They fit so well in the house, great piece of work Shantala. We had tea, cabbage bajji in their lawn and returned home after a while. I made sabji and A made chapathis for dinner.


Woke up early and went on a bike ride with cuz today. Did around 6km. I ride very slow, so A and P asked me to take a shorter route and they covered around 4km extra before joining me. It was fun, rode for an hour, and I managed in traffic today, but I have to get rid of my fear of traffic. We were back by 7.15, then suddenly decided to get my kine from mom's place. Everyone had been telling me to start driving since last 4 years. I finally drove my kinetic back home, felt sooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooood :D. I could drive aaramse in traffic and I was enjoying the drive :) This was my first kinetic, the one I used to drive earlier. Lot of sweet memories. Had yenne neeru, ate bevu bella, went to mom's house, was supposed to help her in cooking but she had finished everything by the time I reached. Had a habbada oota - puliyogre, mosaranna, saaru, kosambari, jamoon, shavige payasa, aloo bonda - menu prepared by son-in-law!! After the heavy meal, had to sleep for sometime :) Great habba!


The Radio always used to play the below song on Ugadi morning, when we were kids -
Uga Ugadi kaledaru, ugadi marali baruthide, hosa varushake, hosa harushava, hosathu hosathu tarutide, hosathu hosathu tarutide..



No comments:

Post a Comment