Cycling Story

Wow
Apr 2, 7 am

Yeah, wow because am back home after riding the cycle for the first time after we moved back.

I learned to cycle when I was in middle school, may be when I was in 6th or 7th std. I take a long time to learn anything. We had bought a second hand pale red color ladies cycle. Anna used to teach me every morning. I used to be so scared, finally I don't know after how many days, I was able to cycle on my own :) I think I cycled for a few years, then we gave away the cycle. We moved to Delhi, then to Mysore.

I realize now how much cycling has helped me over the years. After my engineering, I moved back to Blore. That's when we bought a kinetic honda. Since I knew cycling, it was easier for me to learn the kine. My brother taught me how to ride and I managed to drive around the city :) I used to goto work on my kine for 2 years. Then I moved to the US. A had a geared cycle which I loved riding. One of us used to jog, and the other cycle. After we came back, I have been dreaming about riding a cycle. The muhurath came today, thanks to A, who borrowed 2 cycles from friends yesterday.

Felt so good to ride the bike :) Started off around 6 and came back by 645. The cold fresh air on my face, LOVED it!


2 comments:

  1. I liked this post too Ramya :)

    Funny thing is I learned to cycle when I was in the 3rd std. Learned it within an hour because I was so scared of my pappa. I was like if I do not do this I am gonna really get it from him. lol know I laugh about it but then I was really psyced out :)

    I could totally imagine how anna might have taught you. I am sure you cherish that a lot.

    ReplyDelete