16days

 It has been 2 weeks exact since my holidays started. And it ends now. Well I not only survived them but am coming out in flying colours.


The 16 day challenge :))))) 


Hehehe. It really seems like an exaggeration right? So lately I find it not so smooth when I don't have a routine. Working days are set and I love them even though they are hectic. As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, if I have to just relax or if I don't have too many things to do, it becomes a challenge to keep up with it :) 


Somehow an untold message in the world is that not doing anything or not doing many things implies that we are not productive or efficient or making full use of our potential etc. etc.. I guess it has somewhere stuck in my head that I have to keep doing something. It is a good thing for me that I love doing lot of things and love being busy. But the restlessness that sets in when I am not doing much is not great. We all have heard the proverb - an idle mind is devil's workshop! What idoes it really mean? I have come to realize that an idle mind need not necessarily mean an invitation to devil thoughts. It is absolutely fine to not do anything or do lesser things or slow down or sit quietely. In fact majority of the research community says that we need to schedule time to sit quietely. I guess whether we are busy or not, an important fact to remember is that if we are comfortable with our own thoughts and comfortable with our actions, we feel great. 


Every aspect of life comes down to being our own best friend whom we love, respect, cherish and be proud of. That way whether we do something or not really doen't matter because this doing/not doing is in reality defined by an external source. Let us not define our worth based on one or two things we do. Let us not define or label anything. Let us just be and as a result every moment can be joyous!


Holidays be like...


An amazing trip and drive with cousin and kids


Just be

Lunch with a dear person

Lemon juice made by kids

Messy painting time

Saraswathi Pooja

Cooking festival sweet


Yariappa

Durga Pooja

Hot-chocolate, made by my foodie son
Ayudha Pooja :)

While walking with my friend





Random cooking

Pancakes..

..with bananas

Mysore - always refreshing







Mysore Palace


While eating gaadi chats!


Katte time




Lunch with kids

A lovely day 😍

Managed few walks in between





πŸ˜›πŸ˜œπŸ˜



1 comment: