Narrative

 Oh my! It is all about the narrative! What is the literal meaning of a 'narrative'? Well, a simple meaning is it is a story that is told. I will take a simple story book. When we read a story book and we have to narrate it to someone - one book and 10 people have read it and when we listen to the story, am sure each person narrates the story in a way they have understood, so each narrative is different. 


Similarly there are many ways to look at our own life story, isn't it? I can look at the sky and tell myself that it is full of angry dark clouds, or I can tell myself that I see beautiful clouds with different colours and amazing patterns. I can look at one rose blooming in my garden and say oh such a lonely sad flower, I wish there were more roses, or I can just enjoy watching the flower and what it brings to my garden and be grateful there is at least one rose flowering. 


And this one single narrative helps us live life the way we want. This single narrative brings in so much to our lives because it is sooooo important what we tell ourselves about our life story. That does not mean what we tell ourselves is not true, because all the narratives are correct. It is just the way we are telling it which makes all the difference, which in turn leads to how we look at life itself. I guess this is what 'free-will' means! Or "we write our destiny" means! 


Some food for thought 😍







Spot the rainbow in this picture
Now let us remember to spot the rainbow in every situation, every single day, in our story 😊 I am sure we can, no matter how bad a situation is!



Moon playing hide and seek




No comments:

Post a Comment