Inner light

 There comes a time when we find walls on all 4 sides, surrounding us, without a single window. So, firstly, there is this danger of running out of oxygen, secondly, how long can one live without light. How does one find oxygen and light? 


It might sound a bit of an exaggeration here, but what I mean is, there are usually phases in our lives where we feel an overwhelming set of emotions engulfing us. No amount of external factors help us. The one and only way is to light our inner light


What in the world is this inner light, what is this looking inward, which I am sure all of us keep hearing. It definetely sounds very enticing! So this year during Deepawali fesival - the festival of lights, I fell sick. Deepawali is one of my favourite festivals (💭 I say this about all festivals🙊). I love this festival because I love gifting and lighting diyas all 3 days. This time I bought plain diyas thinking we could paint them and then light the diyas. I spent the first 2 days sleeping. When the physical body is not ok, the mind also becomes low. So to put it in simple words, nothing seemed ok. Finally on the third day, I slowly got better. 


Looking back, I am wondering what helped me. May be the fact that I made an effort to get better. That was the first step. There was no shortcut, I had to go through the pain. But something inside me pushed me to get better. I guess that is what an inner light really means! We all are on our own individual journeys and only our inner strength can light up the path we walk on. All of us have this light inside us. Once we realize it, we figure out that initially the light is very very small/dim. But as we keep focusing on that light, it gets brighter and brighter and eventually the light gets so bright that our path becomes super clear! 


Just like one candle can help light millions of candles, our inner light can help spark or even light someone else's inner light. Similarly someone else's light can help spark/light ours - what this means is that we can definetely take motivation from external factors, but in the end our diya can be lit ONLY if there is a wick inside us. So it is upto us.


Heres to lighting our own inner glow

My forever external candle that never fails to ignite my inner light 

My work, another spark

Kids!

Friends!

Music

As soon as I finished typing this post, I saw this!

Amazing full moon

Seems like the moon is swaying inside the cloud cradle



No comments:

Post a Comment