Hutridurga trek

Let me first write the highlights of this trip, as I am not able to zero in on one :)
- First trek for my little one
- First long drive in my car 

Though just two highlights, I am way too excited about both. Though it was the first trek for my younger one, every time we go on a trek I am bursting with excitement! There is something so special in nature and just being outdoors. Oh I forgot one more highlight 

- Wearing shoes for the first time in 4 months :D :D


We were 10 of us heading out in 2 cars after having breakfast at home. We left around 9am. The original plan was to go to Haddinakallu and climb the hill and reach the Anjaneya temple on top. This place is around 110 km from Bangalore. We took the outer ring road and joined NH 75, continued on to NH 75 after crossing Nelamangala. The road is amazing once we cross Nelamangala. I was very comfortable driving on the highway, was totally in the moment  enjoying the scenary! It was beautiful, with the views out of a postcard. 

The Drive :)









We stopped for 5 minutes for a quick coffee break! Bless my cousin who had got hot filter coffee in the flask :) We hit the road and continued on NH 75 crossing Kunigal. We took a right turn to enter the arch leading us to Haddinakallu. Well, as soon as we reached the foothills, we were told that trekking was not allowed that day. But none of us were disappointed, I guess just the company and the outing, the drive had energized us a lot. My cousin quickly searched for another place to trek nearby and we decided to head to Hutridurga in Santhepete, which was around 50km from Haddinakallu.

Haddinakallu arch


Haddinakallu Anjaneya temple 


We left Haddinakallu at 12 and started driving towards Hutridurga. It took us one hour to reach the starting point of the trek. We had to drive some stretch up the hill on a muddy road full of stones. Again my first in my car, was fun :)

Starting point

After gearing up and having a banana each, we all started climbing the hills. It was sunny and nice! 

The Rainbow

Love this Rainbow


The kids were on their own running up, though the climb was steep. There were few small streams running down and we were able to splash water on our face/hands to cool ourselves. 





We could see the ruins of the fort on top. This fort was built by Kempegowda and was used by Tippu Sultan while fighting the British. It is one of the nine hill forts surrounding Bangalore also called the Nava Durgas (Savanadurga, Nandi hills, Devarayanadurga, Huliyurdurga, Channarayanadurga, Kabbaladurga, Makalidurga, Byaravadurga are the other eight). Now I feel like visiting all the other forts :)










It took us around 1 1/2 hours to reach the top. We sat on the big rock looking at the beautiful sight. It was lovely to sit/lie down and relax. The biscuits and apple was refreshing and gave us energy. A cool breeze had started to blow. 




Chameleon

:D :D :D

We got up to go to the other side of the hill where the temple of Shiva was located. Though the temple was closed, we got a good darshan of the Shiva linga. The light breeze had become a stronger wind and we could barely stand straight. It was amazing to stand and look around. We spent sometime here taking in the view and clicking pictures.










We could see dark clouds far away. So we started our hike down. It was a pleasant descent with the wind pushing us down :D

Getting down



Overall it was a 5 km trek which we all loved!

It was around 4.30 by the time we got down. We had packed cup noodles and gojjavalakki which we gobbled up. Finally it was time to leave and head back home. 

The drive back was also beautiful, and the hot coffee and kashaya from a small hattikapi truck refreshed us to drive aaramse :)

An amazing trip and amazing company. Thanks R, K, R, S, P, A, S for the lovely trek and drive :) Looking forward to more treks with kids :D




12 comments:

  1. I too mentally travelled to all the places you went.Good fun.Lovely pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome trip log, and fine pics Ramcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome R!you have inspired me.we should do a trek together asap...your plan,you drive,you in charge of every little detail except the snacks😉such a fun experience for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lovely little treasures everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds enchanting I wish I had been there. I remember the trip I had with my cousin in a scooter. It was in 1968. I am sure the kids enjoyed it too. Keep trekking

    ReplyDelete