Patience

How does a person handle impatience?

Patience is a virtue - we have heard this n no of times!!

Any problem we face, we tell ourselves (or someone else says) that its a matter of time for it to get resolved.

This is a passing phase, this phase will soon change to a good one.

Etc etc...

But how do you deal with yourself during THAT time? How to ensure we do not waste that time.

The difficult part of being patient is not knowing how long the waiting period is going to last. 



Its funny that as I type this, the following song is playing on my phone - waiting in the weeds by Eagles - "I heard some wise men say that every dog will have his day, He never mentioned that these dog days get so long"


Here are few words from the song - 


And I have been waiting in the weeds
Waiting for my time to come around again
And hope is floating on the breeze,
Carrying my soul high up above the ground..



And I have been waiting in the weeds
Waiting for the dust to settle down..

And I have been waiting in the weeds
Waiting for the summer rain to fall..

Waiting :)

One way to get past the waiting/lean period is to indulge ourselves completely into something that we love doing. Its like investing our energy in something good/useful for a certain period of time instead of wasting it (our energy) in worrying and waiting for better times.

Try it out :)

Moment of the day - One hour walk in our green green garden, listening to music :)


1 comment: