The Power

One small incident or even one single word uttered by someone else can trigger so many thoughts in our heads! Just few thoughts may not do much harm if the thoughts stay for a short time and they move out. But that is hardly the case! The thoughts stay in our heads for days together and sometimes even years. Just one single word can make home in our mind forever and in turn spoil the beauty of everything else. And this word was said by someone else, may be just an acquaintance. A similar thing happened to me recently and it suddenly hit me how much power I am giving this person over me. Of course all of us have heard about this topic too many times as everything revolves around how to live these days. But I really understood the intensity of it this time as the word POWER hit me. 

We keep hearing about free will versus destiny - and keep getting confused between the two as well. There is absolutely no control over anything outside us. But we DO have the power over ourselves - power on how we react, power to take actions, power to control our thoughts, power to ignore, power to live the way we want within the existing capacity, power on which thoughts I want to keep in my mind and which I want to throw away - the list can go on. But the most important power is to not give any power to someone else - close or far - our own child/closest friend/colleague/stranger. And this holds good for both positive and negative scenarios. Feeling great and validated when someone else praises us is equally a dangerous one as we are again giving the power to someone else to make us feel good/happy.

Before I stop, I have to write about a conversation I had last week with someone. I have been in awe about this person for the last few months due to the way she handles herself and has been living her life. I never get into specifics but I have to say this here just to explain the sitaution. One of her children cannot see - and I do not need to say anything more. I am sure as a mother her challenges are plenty. But not once have I seen her complain about a single thing and I have always seen her with a huge heartening smile! I guess she has not given the POWER of her life to the circumstances surrounding her. 

Let us take back the power which is ours! We have to keep taking pauses to do this as otherwise we do not even realize when we are giving the power away.


Below are a few of my favourite things 😀


We got to see the whole process 




2 comments: