My Teacher

Yesterday was Teacher's Day in India. I am on my third year journey in school. The word teacher seems a bit too far fetched for me as I feel we all are learning everyday from everyone, from every experience, from nature and by just being. 


When I joined school I knew I was there to learn along with my children. Yesterday I had so much fun becoming my older one's student. He taught me to make Ganesha idol from clay.  The way he taught us made all the difference in how we learnt. And we had so much FUN.  


I guess all of us agree that the joy of learning never ceases to satisfy us at any age. That is the best part, there is no age bar to learning!!! 


And yesterday morning one of my aunts was mentioning how cooking something new helps her feel motivated to cook. When we attempt to learn or do something new, our mind switches automatically to alert mode isn't it? Because it is new, we have to focus on what we are doing and this helps in refreshing our mind and connecting to ourselves. I am saying that this helps us connect to ourselves mainly because when we choose to learn, we do so because we love that particular thing and hence we have opted to learn. 


Here is my first attempt. When the teacher is good, the student has a good time :))




Our teacher, Me, Another student :)




No comments:

Post a Comment