My Best Friend

After what seems like a long long time, I finally headed out for a loong walk. Left home at 6am and walked for 5.5km. Took a break and again headed back home. Oh the joy of outside world! 


Every weekend I try to see if I can meet any of my friends. But it hardly happens as understandably everyone I know is always busy. So since last many months I have justified not stepping out by telling myself I don't have company. Though I have to say I am comfortable being home, stepping out into the world refreshes us, motivates us in ways that we cannot explain. So finally decided to get myself out of bed today (and hope to do so every Saturday) morning for a walk at least. 


I am sure most of us keep hearing quotes and phrases like "we are our best friend", "loving ourselves", "enjoying our own company", "being independent" and thousands of other similar ones. For few people this comes naturally (may be). But for most of us it takes conscious thinking to reach there. I am glad to say that I have started my journey on that path :) and I hope each one of us can. Yesterday I came across a person using the word "reverence" to refer herself. I thought it was so powerful, but at the same time how many of us treat ourselves with reverence? It is easy to respect others, like others, love others, be fond of others. But to be able to be gentle with ourselves, be caring towards ourselves - does it come naturally? It might, but it is a good question to ask ourselves! Because remember ONLY when we are happy with ourselves, can we give our 100% to others :)



Idlis and coffee with myself






My best friends :))))))


3 comments:

  1. I know… it does take an effort to get out and walk. And I have been doing it in this lockdown here.. and that’s what has kept me sane 🙈🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirational as always!good luck R.

    ReplyDelete