Breathe In Breathe Out Enjoy

A gift to myself - 108 Surya Namaskara on a full moon day :) It was the first time I did Surya Namaskara alone without being a part of any group to motivate myself. I woke up around 4.30 in the morning and unrolled my yoga mat at 4.55 with 10 sketch pens to my left. I started doing Surya Namaskaras at 5 sharp, telling myself that I would not think about whether I could do 108 or not. I told myself to just breathe in and breathe out and to focus on doing just 10 Surya Namaskaras. After every 10 Surya Namaskaras I would move one sketch pen to my right. I deliberately avoided seeing how many sketch pens were there on each side till there were only 2 pens remaining on my left. 

I kept concentrating on my breath while doing each asana and that helped me to complete 108 Namaskaras without stopping. And the fact that I did not worry about how many I had completed and how many more I had to do was the biggest factor in me enjoying doing the asanas. 

Am happy to start another year this way :)





Though we can't see the Sun, he is there!




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having done 108 suryanamaskaras at a stretch. Just like the fact that we know that the sun is there,sometimes even when we don't see it,motivate yourself even when no one is there in person.Know that people who love you are always there even though you cannot see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks aunty :)
      Yes a good reminder on a daily basis.

      Delete
  2. Really you are great Ramya !!
    I have to learn a lot from you dear !! I have to learn concentration first !! I bow my head before you for your great achievements !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty, you are just too kind!
      There is sooooooooooooooo much for all of us to learn from you aunty, your attitude towards life is an inspiration :) Take care.

      Delete
  3. Just awesome! Not an easy feat at all! I love doing Suryanaskars too
    I start my day with them and it keeps me energised.
    Fabulous Ramya🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome R! So proud of you😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pooja. Am so happy to hear that you also enjoy doing everyday :)

    ReplyDelete