Elegance

 At the end of the day I told someone (and myself) that I LOVED the day!


And I thought to myself, if everyday I consciously tell myself the same. Of course everyday cannot be the same, but I am sure every single day has at least a few bits in it that are wonderful if we actually look. And we remember these wonderful bits at the end of each day, instead of remembering the not so good bits.


I bought hibiscus plants and they have been blooming often lately. One can only imagine the joy of seeing the beautiful flower open up. But what has been fascinating me even more is the way it shrivels away. It has a beautiful way of closing the petals one above the other and does not just wrinkle up or crumble down. It elegantly falls asleep and becomes just like it was before blooming. I was so in awe when I saw this for the first time - displaying such elegance while closing and knowing that it is not needed anymore!


I feel that being elegant in dealing with life defines how we live our life. Life is full of many many flavors. And looking at every flavor with elegance makes all the difference. Embracing every moment - good, bad, ugly, beautiful, sad, painful, joyful - every moment with the same elegance is what makes our life as beautiful as a flower. 


Crying with elegance, feeling the pain with elegance, being joyful with elegance, breaking down with elegance, smiling with elegance - ok I am not being crazy here - how does one cry elegantly or feel the pain in an elegant manner - it is just the realization that crying or any negative emotion is just one part or phase and is absolutely necessary. To feel every emotion fully without a trace of bitterness is what elegance is to me. And there is no one way to show elegance. Each one of us has our own unique style. Once we acknowledge and embrace our style, we can sail through life a little more easily.


Let us make each of our days special and fall in love with our lives exactly the way it is right now. Showing our unique beauty to the fullest like a flower today and everyday 😊 


Bud to half bloom


to full bloom

and elegantly closing



Looking elegant even when cut 😜



Loving each day!


Spot the rainbow

Being a hibiscus



2 comments:

  1. This one is your best blog so far.Goes so well with my situation and mood as well.Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete