Change

 I am starting off with pictures today. 












Above pictures were taken in a span of one hour,  5.15am to 6.15am, at the exact same place. Even though I was not standing there for one hour, it was hard not to notice such gorgeous colours when I have a huge window opening to the sky. 


This makes me wonder how the same sky changes so drastically in just one hour. Every single minute the sky changes colours. Everytime I see the sky it reminds me of how everything has to change and how nothing can remain the same. Nature is telling us every minute to accept change gracefully,  isn't it?  And we all have heard that nature is the biggest teacher of all. 

After this I was doing my yoga today and I was able to do Halasana complete pose on my own for the first time.  This has been one of the poses that I have been scared of doing since many years (along with many others,  headstand being the top most on my list of scary asanas). I have always felt I would topple over. Since a month I have been trying to do this very gradually. And here I am today. Every single day I tried to change my leg position by an inch - yes that's what it takes,  to do anything. 

Inch by inch on a daily basis is what it took for me to achieve the full posture. So what I have realized is that every bit of change matters,  every inch of body movement matters,  every single conscious thought is what it takes to change our attitude/thinking. We cannot change our nature or thoughts or attitude or whatever it is we want to change about ourselves in one day!  It takes time,  but consciously changing one thought,  one small thing at a time,  and one fine day we turn back and see how far we have come!!

Another huge myth about change is that Change is bad!! 

Very few of us accept change as a blessing right? Unless we see an immediate gain following the change (for example a job change with a raise/better role), how many of us welcome change with a big grin? 

"You have changed so much" - every time I have heard this sentence from a friend or family member,  I have always felt sad. It used to affect me a lot. I used to try hard to explain how I have not changed. Few months back,  I heard one  motivational speaker say that everytime someone says "you have changed" it is a great thing, because change means growth. That which doesn't change does not grow. And things which donot grow, dies. 

I found these words very powerful as they are so true, though we may not accept it immediately. Old is gold, some things shouldn't change - all these are true, but that 'old' would have changed in ways that others may not see, 'some things' also would have gone through changes that people may not notice immediately. 

If we can start perceiving "change" with an excitement, with curiosity,  with hope,  then it will be so much easier to embrace the change. And once we embrace anything,  there's nothing to fear! 



3 comments: