Randomness



I had to start with the above picture as this summarizes how I am feeling and hopefully lead to what I want to write. My kids asked me to sit and paint with them after a very long time. I sat with paper and water colours and a brush. I had no idea what I wanted to paint, started randomly and ended randomly. And I realized how this picture shows the exact randomness of life! 

I have few days of holidays this week, after a fulfilling and hectic many months of work. So I was looking forward to doing nothing. Well, it is kind of a oxymoron as I struggle to not do anything. So the past few days have been a mixture of everything, with me doing random things, not doing anything, meeting people, being home etc.. But I realize that this is exactly what living in the moment means! It is full of randomeness. I am calling this 'living in the moment' because I was neither dwelling in the past nor thinking about tomorrow. And I call this 'random' because I kept going with the flow, without labelling what I was doing as good or bad or boring or useful or meaningful. I started accepting what I was doing for what it was and did not think about how it should have been.

I am not sure if this post also seems random just like my painting 😛

Let us embrace the random nature of life, the uncertainty, the unknownness, the imperfections and of course the beauty in all these and everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment