Attitude

Here is a no brainer: ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!    

Isn't it 200% true? 


There was a milestone birthday in the family and one of my cousins requested everyone to post a funny video to make the birthday special. The family includes different age groups, oldest person being close to 80. The enthusiasm with which each one contributed was amazing. Each one wishes the best for others in this group and each one always has so many positive things to share about everything and everyone. I have always felt that laughter, smile and enthusiasm are very contagious. 


I have to share one perfect example to prove my point about attitude. One of my aunts in the group who is close to 80 was unfortunately not well and was admitted to a hospital where she had to stay for few days. I have to mention here that she lives alone at home. She recovered and came home and had phone calls enquiring about her health. I can never forget what she told everyone about her hospital stay. She compared her hospital stay to a resort and so excitedly praised the hospital staff for their hospitality and was very happy that so many people took care of her so well at the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I really do not know many people who can explain a hospital situation with a positive spin. Doesn't this show ATTITUDE?


We come across such people often in our lives and situations. We may not recognize it/them. 


Recently a very close friend of mine who has been going through few health issues since couple of years very coolly told me that it was not a big deal that she was going through this as it could have been worse. And I was really humbled by this attitude of hers.


This definitely does not mean we have to hide our feelings inside and not express them. I only feel that we can change our thinking. Changing from a "victim" state to a "normal" state during every situation. Let us accept few facts permanently - life is not fair - and how do we even begin to define fair? We have all the body parts intact - let us be happy and grateful JUST FOR THAT!


Do give it a thought - ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING - ATTITUDE CAN CHANGE THE WAY WE DEFINE OURSELVES - ATTITUDE CAN CHANGE THE WAY WE LOOK AT LIFE - ATTITUDE CAN CHANGE HOW WE LOOK AT OTHERS!


Here is one crazy video from my side 😝😜  






2 comments: