My Story

We come across so many proverbs on a regular basis, some we understand, some we don't, some stay in our minds forever. 

One of the proverbs, 
- When life gives you lemons, make lemonade - I never understood this till I heard another version of the same - When life gives you a rainy day, play in the puddles - it suddenly hit me what it meant 😁 I am not sure if I can explain, but when I was complaining about something to my brother, he said you decide what kind of story you want to tell about your life. 

I gave an example and said that it was not in my control, but he said the same thing in such a different way. 

And ever since I have been thinking about "narrating our own story".

Whatever life throws at us, can we not see a brighter side to it and narrate a beautiful story around it? We may not agree at first, but if we consciously try to, WE CAN! I am saying this from my own experience. What happens in life may not be entirely in our control, but the way we narrate our story is in our control. I am not saying we have be in denial, or lie, but there is always a different way to narrate our story, a different way to look at life.

Can we all try it from today? 😊 Any situation life throws at us, let us pause, and see how we can say the story in a way that makes us smile. Sometimes it may be easy to do so, but other times it may take some extra effort, but still WE CAN. 

WHEN LIFE GIVES US A RAINY DAY, LET US PLAY IN THE PUDDLES :) and have fun! 

My house the way I look at it 😛

Is this real or just a reflection or both?





4 comments:

  1. Can I expect a story for every proverb?Another way to put it is,make hay when the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I expect a story for every proverb?Another way to put it is,make hay when the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I expect a story for every proverb?Another way to put it is,make hay when the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete