MIL's 75th

It is my mother-in-law's 75th birthday today :) A special day indeed. I am sure that the first thing that comes to one's mind when they think about her is a smiling face. That is her trademark! I have heard many people ask her how she manages everything with a smile on her face, and how she lets nothing affect her. I keep hearing stories about how my mil has inspired many people professionally and personally. She has helped many people all along. She has paid for all our maid/driver/cook kids education. During every festival in our family, my mil makes sure a box of sweet, khara, snacks and money are distributed to our maid/driver/cook. And of course clothes like saree are given out once or twice a year at least. As soon as breakfast gets ready, the first thing my mil does is fill the plates of the maid/driver :) All these have been a ritual since the last 40 years in our family.

Everytime she steps out of the house, she meets at least one student of hers, who talks to her very fondly. One can see the respect/love in the student's face while they are talking to her.

When people ask me about my relation with my mil, I always say that she is more like a friend to me. I am really proud to be her dil :)

Wishing her the best of health for many more years!

1 comment:

  1. Its nice Ramya that respect comes naturally to you.That shows your good bringing up.Everyone in the family speaks highly of you too.You have jelled well in the family and have taken on the responsibilities of the only daughter in law so well. All of us are proud of you.May you be happy always.

    ReplyDelete