Zero thoughts

Is there something called as a "blank mind"? I doubt it. Our mind goes through so many thoughts every second. And 90% of them are thoughts that we can do without. This morning my mind was restless, 100s of thoughts were attacking my mind. I wanted to make sure someone was happy, I wanted to do many things that were long pending on my to-do list, I wanted to do this, I wanted to do that..well as usual the list was going on and on. And finally, I just did not know how to deal with my thoughts. What should I be thinking, what should I be doing at the moment. Then suddenly I realized that it will be so much simpler, if I did not have to think about anything in particular, if it was not required. What I mean is, if there is something that we need to do, we think about it, and get to it. If it is something that needs to be taken care of in the future, then we think, and put it aside. If there is nothing, then we should not be thinking about anything. It is so much simpler. That way we get rid of unnecessary thoughts.

I tried this as soon as I realized it, and I felt so much lighter.

One more step to help achieve this state would be to follow the "one-foot circle". Thinking about things that are one foot around me. So lesser thoughts :)

It is definitely not an easy task to not think about anything. We need to consciously watch our mind, and vacate our mind of thoughts. The feeling is so pleasant - of not thinking about anything, it actually makes one smile :) 

I had once read in a book about meditation, that meditation is not about sitting in one place for 10 minutes and sitting still. It should be done as part of all the other things we do, through out the day. (that reminds me, I need to finish reading that book) So may be, this is a starting point for achieving meditation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment