My Driving story

I can easily say that one big thing I have been scared of is DRIVING. Its been 5 years since we moved back, and I am not proud to say that I still don't drive. I always used to tell myself and everyone that I want to drive and will drive. But 'when' was unknown. And there were talks at home about selling our car and buying a new one - a bigger car. I am attached to our swift, and I always imagined driving it.

This morning, a Sunday morning, when our alarm rang at 6am, A asked if I wanted to drive. I immediately said yes. We left home at 6.30. I reversed the car from our compound, and started off. Jnagar-IOB (car stopped and got honked by a bus, then started after multiple tries)-4th block-3rd block- madhvan park - asoka pillar - wilson garden-double road- flyover-richmond road- left after brigade road on to MG road (stopped in the middle of a junction where there was a red signal, car kept going off from 1st gear, started after 5-6 times of trying)- right on end of mg road-straight on this road-cambridge layout- cmh road- left at ulsoor police station-lido mall- mg road- brigade road- right onto richmond road- flyover- double road- right at lalbagh gate- urvashi signal- nanda road- left on nanda road going to asoka pillar- madhvan park- 4th block- right and left at cool joint-10th main- home. Back at 7.50 am.

I can't  believe I drove so much. And I was quite comfortable driving. I didn't freak out too much (I did a little of course), I could control the car, so I was very happy. The road leading to Ulsoor, is a narrow road and 2-way. I was fine on that road as well.

It was time for breakfast, and we wanted to visit our favorite place - cafe terra in koramangala. It is my aunt's 39th wedding anniversary today, so we went to her place, had fresh filter coffee, wished them and we borrowed their automatic i10 car. I drove from diary circle to koramangala, and from koramangala to jp nagar 1st phase. Automatic car is soooooooo easy to control compared to a geared vehicle. I was totally fine driving at 930-10am where there was lot of traffic. Basically I could slow down exactly the way I wanted, I could speed up the way I intended to, maneuver the car smoothly, as it is smaller as well. LOVED the automatic.

So, FINALLY I feel confident that with practice I will be able to drive alone :)

Yaaaaaaay to me ;) :p

No comments:

Post a Comment