For many days, one of the main thoughts running in my head is about self-care.
What is self-care? Caring for one self? Thinking only about the well being of one self?
Like everyone else (or just like a few others), I keep going on the huge roller coaster ride called life! I am calling the roller coaster huge as lately it feels like the drops are as thrilling as the highs. While earlier the highs and lows were equally placed, these days it feels like the drops like to take their own sweet time and don't want to make space for the highs.
Naturally, I am trying a few things to make the highs come more often. One of them being my new class. I am so glad to have found this class as I find it very different from any of the other classes/schools I have come across in terms of the way it is conducted. And one stark remarkable quality about this class is ZERO comparison! The reason it is possible to have zero comparison is because I don't get to see any other participants even though there are 1000s of students. It is a live YouTube class, and the instructor/facilitator/teacher keeps telling us to just do our best and not necessarily to do everything if we are not able to. There is no comparison whatsoever from the teacher or from myself as I have no idea what others are doing, but I am still doing my best.
When someone says, "When a second grader can solve this, why can't you solve being in nth grade?" to a nth grader, what is the child in nth grade supposed to feel or do?
When someone else says, "When she can do it, why can't you do it?" to a 40 year old adult, what is the adult supposed to do?
The world loves comparison - at every single stage in life.
Coming back to the class I am taking, because there is zero comparison, I am in the moment, enjoying everyday, even though I am exhausted. This is teaching me to do more and more things for myself, without listening to what the outer noise is saying. I am not proud to say that taking care of myself does not come naturally to me. To prioritize myself without feeling the guilt has been a challenge. But I am slowly learning it and trying to make it a part of my routine.
I came across a book in which the author talks about how she took a 100-day-self care-challenge. I am thinking about it 
Anyone want to take it up? Let me know 
![]() |
| Each petal is different 😛 |








No comments:
Post a Comment