Acceptance

When I left home this morning for my walk, an incident kept running in my mind. And by the time I finished my 7 km walk, I had also finished writing this post in my head 😊


Last night a friend was sharing her experience about something she was going through. It was a tough experience and a painful one. I could not help but wonder how I would do anything to go through this exact experience. I am being vague here as I do not want to go into the details of what my friend was going through. But the fact was I wish I could go through this myself. This morning I realized how most of us get sad or upset about the incidents that occur in our lives, but in reality these may be exactly what someone else is praying for! Yes, the pain one person goes through is very real and genuine. I am not at all undermining the pain nor am I saying that just because someone else is seeking the exact same thing, the person in pain should ignore his/her own pain. What I understood this morning was that every single experience/incident comes with a purpose. We may not understand the purpose right away, but if we pause and think, we realize that it was for our benefit or growth. 


I know, my mind already popped the question of what is good about losing someone, or about falling ill. As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, only when an old flower falls, there is space for a new bud to bloom. Ups and downs, highs and lows, happy and sad, beautiful and ugly, x and y - everything as a whole makes life, makes the universe! Only when we accept this truth, can we really LIVE!


A character in one of the TV shows I was watching yesterday said - 

Pain is inevitable, but suffering is our choice!




2 comments: