Simple wife

Haha, am laughing at the title already! It could have been either "simple partner" or the above or "simple life".

I was watching a movie last night at my mom's. And a dialogue stuck in my head. It was a conversation between a 70 year old male and a young lady. The young lady asks the 70 year widower about his wife. And the old man says that his wife ALWAYS MADE LIFE SEEM LIKE IT WAS VERY EASY, which was not the case. I felt like it was such a wonderful approach. Life is never easy, but the way we look at it can be made simpler. I guess this is more in line with my earlier post "Simplicity". 

I guess not complaining, not over analyzing, taking each day as it comes, having zero expectations from people, having a smile on our face - could make life look simple and easy. I have fallen in love with the word simple/simplicity over the last year. This may be because I had become a complicated person, may be because I had started looking at everything in a complicated way, over analyzing every single detail! 

Luckily I have slowly started to simplify my life :) And hence the above movie dialogue was so inspiring to me. I feel that a person has to be strong (mentally) to pull off such an attitude. Life throws so many things at us, facing each and everything with a smile is the challenge. It does not mean that we never feel sad. We just have to feel the pain and savor the happiness.

Just my 2 cents :)

1 comment:

  1. Ramya,I think only sensitive people think of so much beyond the situation.While watching a movie so many thoughts flooded your mind and compelled you to think.Like that many situations trigger many more emotions.Its a beautiful feeling to be alive in the real sense of the word.You feel every emotion,and then you write down your thoughts,which is something very nice.I appreciate it very much dear.

    ReplyDelete