Attachment

We all know attachment to something or someone is not great! I recently experienced an emotion, that probably may make me stronger.

I bought a new car last month, from the  savings from my working days. Naturally I love my car. I drive daily and its my first car after kids. 2 days back, there was a problem with the car and we had to get it towed to the service place. Seeing my car getting chained up and towed brought tears in my eyes! I felt so sad for those few moments! 

Of course after a while I was completely fine. I know these things happen. But it made me think. Imagine the emotional state when we are attached to people.  Seeing my car having a small problem, made me so emotional. It made me think about the time when I lost my father. There is no comparison whatsoever. But it just makes me think about human emotions and attachments. Incidents like this remind us that nothing is permanent in this world. Nothing lasts forever. 

Its definitely not worth to get attached to material stuff! I always said no to an expensive phone because I know I would feel very bad if even a smallest thing happened to it. Now I have decided to buy fewer things, because the more things I possess, the more I may get hurt if I lose it.

Now comes the tricky part of not being attached to people :) I am one big emotional person. But I learn and change daily. I guess we just have to follow the motto of live for today and live in the moment. Cherish what we have right now, and not think about tomorrow too much as none of us know what's in store for us. 

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment