Live Laugh Love

How do we define success or a successful life.

My kid turned one recently. I have quit my job to be with him. And I am loving it. Though I hate to admit, a sense of restlessness had set-in during the last few weeks. I just could not pin point the reason for my state of mind. Naturally, it started affecting the people around me as well. That was the saturation point where I had to do something about it. After a little probe within me, I realized that since I was not doing much, other than taking care of my kid, I was feeling restless. I have always been a active person, doing many things most of the time, especially outdoors. Since a year, our activities have reduced. So I felt like doing something, but wasn't sure about what I could do. 

At this point, I heard the song live, laugh, love and it solved all my problems. I always need a strong kick to get back to being fine. And this time it was this song as the words are so powerful.

I am gonna LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE just for today
Gonna take all the trouble that tomorrow might bring and put it away
Gonna drink every drop of happiness
'Til they cover me up
I'm gonna LIVE, gonna LAUGH, gonna LOVE

Beautiful song by Clay Walker! Awesome lyrics!
Life is simple, if we follow this philosophy.

Coming back to defining a successful life, does staying at home, not going out and working makes one less successful? How do we define success. There are various kinds of success. And each person looks at success in a different way. I had been to a party today where I was surrounded by people from different fields - all doing extremely well professionally. It made me wonder if I was the only one in that room who didn't have any major accomplishments. But I knew that I was the happiest person. So I just stopped thinking and enjoyed the party and got back home.

We had donated an old laptop that we were not using to a blind person through my cousin who is big time into social service. I got to know today that this blind person, has cleared the bank exam and is not only working in a bank, but has opened an organization for the blind people. This organization is run by him and 150 other blind students help him out. To me, this blind person is one of the most successful men!! I am just awed by this man's accomplishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment